Jeff Biolchini has been with the firm since 2006. His practice involves a significant amount of appellate work, Title IX litigation, and commercial law. Prior to joining the firm, he spent one year as a law clerk in the Massachusetts Superior Court, and two years as an intern with the U.S. Attorney’s Office focusing on criminal appellate issues in the Ninth Circuit. Before that, he was a member of the Gonzaga Law Review Executive Board and worked as an extern in the United States District Court researching civil rights claims. Jeff is admitted to practice in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, and is a member of the Rhode Island Supreme Court Appellate Panel.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Law
- Criminal Defense
- Appellate Litigation
- Trademark and Copyright Law
- Title IX Litigation
- Wills and Trusts
- Rhode Island
- United States District Court, District of Rhode Island, 2007.
- Gonzaga University School of Law,
J.D. magna cum laude – 2005
- University of Wisconsin,
M.A. – 1997
- University of Illinois,
B.A. – 1995
- State v. Quandell Husband, 162 A.3d 646 (R.I. 2017) – Representing Mr. Husband on appeal, Jeff persuaded the Court to vacate Mr. Husband’s conviction for triple homicide and remand the case for a new trial.
- Chapter 15, R.I. Criminal Practice: An Overview (Co-Author), A Practical Guide to Superior Court Practice in Rhode Island, 1st Edition, 2015, and Supplement, 2018
- “Enforcing a Mechanic’s Lien Under the New Rhode Island Statute,” Rhode Island Bar Journal, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- RI Supreme Court Appellate Panel