Jeffrey M. BiolchiniOF COUNSEL
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
Jeff Biolchini has been with the firm since 2006. He graduated magna cum laude from Gonzaga University in 2005, where he was a member of the Gonzaga Law Review and spent two years as an intern with the U.S. Attorney’s Office focusing on criminal appellate issues in the Ninth Circuit. Prior to commencing practice, he
spent one year as a law clerk in the Massachusetts Superior Court. Jeff is admitted to practice in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, and is a member of the Rhode Island Supreme Court Appellate Panel.
Jeff’s practice focusses on appellate work, Title IX litigation, and commercial law, and he routinely works with members of the business community to register trademarks and other intellectual property rights.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Law
- Criminal Defense
- Appellate Litigation
- Trademark and Copyright Law
- Title IX Litigation
- Wills and Trusts
- Rhode Island
- United States District Court, District of Rhode Island, 2007.
- Gonzaga University School of Law,
J.D. magna cum laude – 2005
- University of Wisconsin,
M.A. – 1997
- University of Illinois,
B.A. – 1995
- Chapter 15, R.I. Criminal Practice: An Overview (Co-Author), A Practical Guide to Superior Court Practice in Rhode Island, 1st Edition, 2015, and Supplement, 2021
- “Enforcing a Mechanic’s Lien Under the New Rhode Island Statute,” Rhode Island Bar Journal, 2007
- John Stiles v. Brown University, Case No. 1:21-cv-00497 (D.R.I. 2022). Represented a student
accused of violating university sexual misconduct policies. The court granted our
motion for injunctive relief, finding that the university failed to afford the student the
presumption of innocence and therefore allowed the student to return to campus.
- Paradise v. Brown University, 2021 WL 6973858 (D.R.I. 2021). Represented a student
alleged to have violated COVID-19 protocols. The court granted our motion for injunctive
relief, and the parties subsequently settled.
- State v. Quandell Husband, 162 A.3d 646 (R.I. 2017) – Representing Mr. Husband on appeal, Jeff persuaded the Court to vacate Mr. Husband’s conviction for triple homicide and remand the case for a new trial.
- John Doe v. Brown University, 210 F.Supp.3d 310 (D.R.I. 2016). Represented a student at a
trial in the United States District Court where the court ordered the university to vacate
its Title IX finding and sanction against our client and to expunge his academic and
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- RI Supreme Court Appellate Panel
How Can We Help You?
40 Westminster Street, 7th Floor
Providence, RI 02903
Map and Directions
© 2019 by Ratcliffe Harten Galamaga LLP.